Skip to main content

Welcome to BYU–Hawaii!

Onboarding Process


First, you will need to submit your intent to enroll form with the access code that was emailed to you. If you have not requested an intent to enroll email, please contact our tech support at

If you plan on attending, follow the instructions on the intent to enroll. There is a checklist for new students that should be checked on a regular basis and completed when prompted. Please refer to that for a full list of items that need to be taken care of before you can come to campus.

International Student Fee

International students are required to pay a fee to BYU–Hawaii. Make sure to be prompt with your payments, as this fee needs to be paid before visa documents can be sent out. To see more, please see more information on the International Student Fee page.

International Student Visa Information

In order for international students to get their visa documents, you need to complete the certificate of eligibility e-form that was sent to your student email account. Once this form has been submitted to our office and approved, we can create a DS-2019 (J-1 students) or I-20 (F-1 students) document which will allow you to apply for a visa appointment. After your IPF payment is made, we will send you your document, along with instructions on how to apply and prepare for your visa interview.

How to Pay Fees

The Cashier's Office of BYU–Hawaii's Financial Services handles all financial transactions. Visit their page to learn more about paying university fees.

Register for Classes

Registration for courses is done online. A step-by-step video on how to register is located on the Academic Advising home page. Please click on the "How to Register for Classes".


In order to apply for housing, you should be aware of the deadlines. They change per semester, so be sure to use your checklist to get the correct information. Freshmen are asked to stay on campus for their housing. There is a $50 housing fee for anyone planning to live on campus. If you have any other questions go to Residential Life or call (808) 675-3534.


Before students can register for classes, they need to take care of their immunization records at the health center. We ask that you be immunized for MMR, and tuberculosis. If you have any other questions, see the MMR Requirements and Tuberculosis Clearance page.

New Student Orientation

Lastly, you need to see when New Student Orientation is. At the beginning of the semester, all of the new students have the opportunity to meet other new students. It is generally the week before the first day of school. Don't miss out!

Deferring Enrollment

Applicants admitted to BYU–Hawaii may defer enrollment for a Church mission or military service.
You can defer by filling out your Intent to Enroll. If you have already accepted your Intent to Enroll you will need to complete the Cancellation of Admittance form.

Cancellation of Admittance

If you have 'accepted' you Admission decision by submitting your intent to enroll, but have decided to cancel, you will need to complete the Cancellation of Admittanceform.