Returned Missionary Voucher Program
In recognition of sound leadership and a proven commitment to study, exemplary missionaries who are from or have served in the Pacific Rim, but who do not qualify for the I-WORK financial aid program, may be selected by their mission president to receive equivalent to one-half tuition award for one semester to BYU–Hawaii.
For further information regarding scholarship amounts and criteria please visit: Financial Aid Terms and Conditions.
- The prospective student is from or has served a full-time mission in the Pacific Rim (South Pacific and Far East).
- The prospective student is a returned missionary with an honorable release within the past year (must be admitted to BYU–Hawaii within 12 months of release).
- The prospective student must first be accepted to attend BYU–Hawaii.
- The recipient is a new freshman or transfer student enrolled in a minimum of 14 credit hours per semester. Former BYU–Hawaii students do not qualify.
- The recipient commits to abide by the Honor Code.
- The return missionary must initiate the process by filling out the RM Voucher form. click here: https://admissions.byuh.edu/rmvform
- Once this form is submitted, it will go directly to the mission president.The mission president will in return, submit this form along with his recommendation.
- The recipient should contact the Financial Aid Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) at BYU–Hawaii prior to arriving on campus to confirm the award.
Mission President needs to submit the voucher within six months of the first day of the first semester on campus.
**Mission President has up to 6 vouchers he can nominate to receive the award per calendar year.
Each voucher is redeemable for the amount equal to one-half tuition for the first semester of enrollment at BYU–Hawaii.
RM Voucher Form:
For more information on the returned missionary voucher program, please contact:
Phone: (808) 675-3738
Fax: (808) 675-3741