A new student checklist is now available to assist admitted students in their preparation to arrive at BYU Hawaii
We encourage all new students to use this checklist. An itemized check list will help to ensure that new students have completed all the steps necessary for a smooth transition to college life. The checklist also has valuable information that will answer many questions that might arise as new students prepare to come to BYU Hawaii.
If you are unable to access the checklist, a few of the items are highlighted below.
1. Submit your intent to enroll
- After receiving your acceptance letter, you will be sent an email with the subject line of “BYU-H Intent to Enroll”. Within this email you will find a unique access code that will allow you to accept, decline, or defer (we only defer admission offers due to missionary service) your offer of admission. Your intent to enroll will be sent 7 days after you have been admitted.
- With this same code, you will be prompted to create a username and password for your BYU-H Student Center.
- If you are having trouble with your intent to enroll or have not received one, please call or email the admissions office at 808-675-3738 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Send your immunization records to the Health Center
- All students are required to have updated MMR1 and MMR2 records sent to the Health Center before they can register for class. Students are also required to get a TB test, this can be done either at the Health Center on campus or at your local physicians office.
- The Proof of Immunization Form needs to be sent to the BYU–Hawaii Health Center.
- YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REGISTER UNTIL THIS PROOF OF IMMUNIZATION IS RECEIVED AND PROCESSED BY THE HEALTH CENTER.
3. Apply for housing
- All new freshman and I-WORK students MUST reside on campus.
- To find on or off campus housing, visit the HOUSING WEBPAGE.
- Please visit the Housing website FAQ to see the answers to the most commonly asked questions, otherwise you can call housing at (808) 675 3534.
4. Login to your BYUH email account and check for messages
- Once you have completed the BYU-H student account and email creation process your student email account will be created. This email account will be the official and primary email address used to send official university communication. Every student is provided a campus email account and is expected to check it frequently.
- Please visit the IT website for answers to questions or to find directions on how to access or forward your BYU-Hawaii email.
5. Register for classes.
- Questions about what classes to take? Click Here
6. The New Student Orientation.
- We suggest you visit this informational site which will make your transition to campus life easier.
7. Reserve your shuttle to campus
- If you need a ride from the airport to campus, please CLICK HERE to view our shuttle options.
8. International Student Fee
- All International students (excluding those from Canada) are required to pay an International Student Fee. If you are married, you will be required to pay $500 for each of your dependents (husband and children).
9. Passport Copy
- A copy of your passport needs be sent to International Student Services (email@example.com) before they can send your visa documents.