Holomua is a six-day college preparation experience at the culturally diverse Brigham Young University-Hawaii campus. Its focus is to equip high school students with greater tools to prepare them for success as they move forward toward higher education.
Program Date: Monday, July 20 to Saturday, July 25, 2020
Who: High school students graduating in 2021
Application Fee: $25 USD (non-refundable fee to apply)
Program Cost: $200 USD* (after admission to program)
*A $75 Early Arrival Fee will be charged to anyone needing to arrive on Sunday, July 19, 2020.
Application Open: Monday, December 2, 2019
Application Deadline: Monday, March 16, 2020
- Preferably high school juniors (2019-2020) or international equivalent.
- BYU-Hawaii International applicants must be able to obtain a B-2 visitor visa if traveling from outside the United States.
- Have a cumulative high school GPA above 2.8 or international equivalent.
- Read and agree to live by the BYU-Hawaii Honor Code - including Dress & Grooming, as well as Residential Living Standards.
- Have an interest in contributing to the mission of BYU-Hawaii: Learn, Lead, Build.
Goals of Holomua:
- Introduce students to the benefits and expectations of BYU-Hawaii.
- Help high school juniors as they transition into their senior year and to visualize themselves as successful students at BYU-Hawaii.
- Increase opportunity for more students from our target area; Hawaii, South Pacific, and Asia to attend BYU-Hawaii.
Holomua Application Fee (Only pay if you have completely filled out the Application)