BYU-Hawaii Admissions Criteria:
- Complete Form 7 (So. Pacific 7th Form Certificate) passing exams in five (5) academic subjects (one must be English) with a score of 50 (achieved) or higher in each course. --OR--
- Complete the University of South Pacific “Foundation Program” taking a minimum of seven courses (one must be English) with a “C” grade or better in each course . --OR--
- Complete one full year at the Tonga Institute of Education or the Tonga Institute of Higher Education with a C or better in each course.
- Meet the English test requirement
- Maturity acquired through missionary service, military service, and work experience will also be favorably considered
- Meet other admissions criteria such as a clear ecclesiastical endorsement, minimum family financial contribution, etc.
Important Notice from BYU-Hawaii regarding A Level, Form Seven and Foundation Level courses. Effective for applications submitted from and including Winter 2014, BYU-Hawaii will no longer award transfer (cross) credits for results on Form Seven (or equivalent), A Level and foundation level courses. These results are considered pre-degree and will be used as an indicator of academic preparation in the admissions index.