David O. McKay Recruitment Award
David O. McKay Recruitment for New Students
Understanding that the cost of pursuing higher education is no small expense, we recognize that students are constantly seeking ways to offset their higher education costs. As a benefit to our new and admitted student cohorts, BYU-Hawaii may offer a David O' McKay award to a select number of qualified students. The number of award recipients is not predetermined and varies from year to year based on class size, the amount of funds available, and university recruitment goals and criteria.
Award Details and Qualifications
- Must be an admitted, undergraduate degree seeking, new freshman or first time transfer student
- Former BYU-Hawaii students, IWORK students, and non-members of the LDS faith are not eligible
- The award is offered in the amounts of either a half or quarter tuition for one semester
- The award is non-renewable (other BYUH/institutional scholarships are available after the first semester)
- The award may not be combined with any other BYU-Hawaii first year award or scholarship offer. If one has been extended, the one providing the best value to the student will be honored (RM Voucher, Athletics)
- No application is necessary. Admitted students who complete their CES application by the standard deadlines of semester to which they are applying will be automatically reviewed.
- Evaluations will be based on the information provided in the CES application
Scholarship criteria includes, but is not limited to: academic excellence, spiritual preparation, leadership, declared major, school preference, recommendations from priesthood leaders and seminary teachers, and CES application essays
- Award offers are contingent upon a student enrolling and completing at least 14 credit hours in a Fall, Winter, or Spring Semester.
- Award recipients will be notified though the BYU-Hawaii student email account.